Age: Recommended for Sophomores, can be adapted for 7-9th graders
Length: Choice of 1 to 3 days
- To learn to build and maintain healthy relationships
- To promote the three-way relationship between God, ourselves and other people
- To give a sense of what constitutes a healthy relationship
- To aid and support the transition from a person who is loved to a person who loves
- To explore the way that Church teaching on relationships is centered on the life and dignity of the human person.
This retreat is based on Sister Kieran Sawyer's L.I.F.E. acronym which identifies Love, Infatuation, Friendship and Exploitation as the four main kinds of relationships teenagers experience. This retreat offers teens an opportunity, in a safe environment, to discuss how to build healthy relationships and gain a greater understanding of relationships through small group discussions, games, and hands-on activities.